yield: 8 SERVINGSprep time: 15 MINUTEScook time: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTEStotal time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Creamy Alfredo sauce pairs so well with earthy spaghetti squash and it makes a great low carb dinner for the whole family!4.4 Stars (44 Reviews)Printhttps://66742c7864b3e4fa01e7d4a763ffa84c.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
To cook the spaghetti squash:
- To cook in the oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Discard the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until squash is fork tender.
- To cook in the Instant Pot, follow these directions.
- Once squash is cooked, shred the squash into long spaghetti-like strands by using a fork to scrape the squash widthwise.
To make the Alfredo sauce:
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add the cream, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat and add the shredded Parmesan to the pan. Whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the squash and stir to coat.
- Spoon the squash into the empty squash halves. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Alternately, add to a 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Top with grilled chicken, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield8Serving Size1Amount Per ServingCalories352Total Fat30gSaturated Fat19gTrans Fat1gUnsaturated Fat9gCholesterol86mgSodium600mgCarbohydrates10gNet Carbohydrates8gFiber2gSugar4gProtein12g