prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
This Spicy Watermelon Keto Margarita is the ultimate summer cocktail! Super refreshing and about 3 net carbs each!
Sugar-Free Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon liquid monk fruit sweetener
Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 1.5 ounces tequila
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce sugar-free jalapeno simple syrup
- 1 ounce chopped watermelon
- about 2 ounces orange sparkling water (*optional)
To make the simple syrup
- Slice 1-2 jalapenos (depending on your spice preference) and place them in a small pot with 1.25 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and allow it to simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain the water into a jar and add 1 tablespoon of liquid monk fruit sweetener. This can be stored in the fridge for several weeks.
To make the margarita
- In a blender, combine the tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and watermelon. If you want a frozen margarita, add a glass full of ice as well.
- Blend until the watermelon is blended and well incorporated with the liquid (or if using ice, until you reach your preferred slushie consistency).
- Salt the rim of a glass and fill it with ice if you’re serving your margarita on the rocks. Pour the margarita, top with sparkling water, and serve immediately.
*Optional orange sparkling water: This adds a hint of orange to replace the missing Triple Sec that most margaritas might have. It adds some bubbly and makes it more of a sparkling margarita. You can leave this out if you prefer!
YIELD: 1 SERVING SIZE: 1 10-12 ounce drink
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 111TOTAL FAT: 0.1gSODIUM: 4.1mgCARBOHYDRATES: 3.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.4gFIBER: 0.2gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 0.2g