This keto pecan pie looks and tastes like the classic dish, minus the carbs! Made with simple ingredients, it’s SO easy to make, including the crust!
Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 12 servings Calories: 208kcal Author: Ketogenic Recipes For Beginners
For the crust
- 1 recipe keto pie crust
- 1/4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling
- 2 1/2 cups pecans halved
- 5 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute packed
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup keto maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Prepare the pie crust as directed, with the addition of the brown sugar substitute and vanilla extract.
- Freeze the crust for 20 minutes, before covering it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Fill with dry beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and remove the beans and aluminum foil.
- Spread the pecans over the warm crust. Whisk the melted butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, eggs, and maple syrup until combined. Pour evenly over the pecans.
- Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes. After 20 minutes, add some aluminium tin foil to cover the pie to ensure it does not burn.
- Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle sea salt on top. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, slice and serve.
TO STORE: Keto Pecan pie is best stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week. Let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
TO FREEZE: Place leftover slices of the pie in shallow containers and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 3g