- ▢4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- ▢1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- ▢salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- ▢4- ounces cream cheese, softened
- ▢1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ▢1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ▢1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- ▢4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
- ▢chopped fresh parsley
- ▢sliced green scallions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 13 REDUCE your FREESTYLE POINTS DOWN TO 8-points by using low fat cheddar and light cream cheese. HOW TO FREEZE CRACK CHICKEN
- Transfer cooled crack chicken to a large freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer the night before and let thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat and serve.
Nutrition FactsBaked Crack Chicken BreastsAmount Per Serving (6 ounces)Calories 492Calories from Fat 333% Daily Value*Fat 37g57%Saturated Fat 19g95%Cholesterol 155mg52%Sodium 570mg24%Potassium 548mg16%Carbohydrates 2g1%Fiber 0g0%Sugar 1g1%Protein 35g70%Vitamin A 1330IU27%Vitamin C 5.4mg7%Calcium 243mg24%Iron 1mg6%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Keywords: 30 minute dinner, baked chicken breasts, chicken breasts recipe, crack chicken, cream cheese, keto dinner idea, low carb recipe, ranch