These cheesy, deep fried broccoli snacks are so tasty, and great for parties. Everyone loves them.
- 5 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 ½ cups dry bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 2Place broccoli in a medium saucepan with 1 cup boiling water. Return to a boil. Cook covered until firm but tender, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the Cheddar cheese. Mix in the broccoli. Allow the mixture to cool and thicken approximately 15 minutes.
- Step 4In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture onto a large piece of wax paper.
- Step 5Form the broccoli cheese mixture into balls and roll in the bread crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Step 6Deep fry the balls until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
441 calories; protein 17.6g; carbohydrates 30g; fat 28.1g; cholesterol 47.5mg; sodium 568.3mg. Full Nutrition