yield: 6 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
This ultra rich Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect low carb, keto-friendly side dis
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular milk is fine if not keto)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Begin by removing all the stems from a head of cauliflower. Place the cauliflower florets in an 11×7 baking dish lightly greased with olive oil. Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the cheese sauce. In a small pan combine the butter, garlic, milk, heavy cream, and cream cheese over medium heat. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar until completely melted. Bring the mixture to a slight simmer until it has thickened.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the roasted cauliflower, top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 294TOTAL FAT: 24.2gCHOLESTEROL: 69mgSODIUM: 405mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.8gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.8gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 2.2gPROTEIN: 13.4g