yield: 8 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 40 MINUTES
This Cheesy Smoked Sausage Soup is loaded with spicy sausage, tender vegetables in a creamy, cheesy sauce! At less than 7 net carbs per serving this is a great low carb, keto-friendly soup!4.5 Stars (37 Reviews)PRINT
- 1 (13.5 ounce) package Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small onion (1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Brown the sliced smoked sausage over medium heat in a stock pot or dutch oven. Drain off any grease
- Add the garlic, onion, peppers, and celery until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the undrained can of tomatoes and broth, stir well and allow the mixture to simmer for 25 minutes, covered on low heat.
- Just before serving stir in the cubed cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Blue
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: roughly 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 449TOTAL FAT: 36.8gCHOLESTEROL: 70mgSODIUM: 694mgCARBOHYDRATES: 8.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.8gFIBER: 1.8gSUGAR: 4.2gPROTEIN: 20.7g