- 2 pie crusts for a 9″ pie pan
- 1 recipe Homemade Cherry Pie Filling See Link in Recipe Notes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit one pie crust in the bottom of a 9″ pie plate leaving the edges untrimmed.
- Pour room temperature Homemade Cherry Pie Filling into prepared crust.
- Roll second pie crust onto a flour dusted surface and using a pizza cutter, slice into 3/4″ strips.
- Weave the strips into a lattice over the filling.
- Press together the bottom crust edges and the lattice strips edges.
- Combine a beaten egg with water and brush lightly onto the top lattice crust. Sprinkle crust with sugar.
- Bake pie for 45-55 minutes until the crust is golden and the berries are bubbling at the edges.
- Cool almost to room temperature to serve.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1.2mg