This easy chicken pesto roll ups recipe is Keto and you can make it in roughly half an hour, so it’s very easy and super delish. Coursedinner, lunch, Main Course CuisineKeto Prep Time12 minutes Cook Time23 minutes Total Time35 minutes Servings4Calories670kcal
- ▢1 1/2 lbs. (680g) chicken breast
- ▢sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- ▢8 very thin slices of bacon
- ▢1/3 cup homemade pesto sauce
- ▢6 oz (170g) sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
- ▢1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- ▢1 Tbsp Fresh basil leaves – shredded (optional garnish)
- ▢1 Tbsp olive oil
- ▢fresh thyme, parsley or basil – to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- If using large chicken breasts, cut them in half, lengthwise. Working one by one, cover with cling film and pound each cutlet to a 1/5” (0.5cm) thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 slices of bacon on your working surface, then add one piece of thin chicken on top.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of pesto sauce in the center, spread it, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Roll up the chicken tightly and seal the ends through the bacon with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken roll-ups and sear on all sides until golden, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, then take the skillet from the stove and place it into the oven. Continue to cook for 13-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of chicken should read 165°F / 75°C on a cooking thermometer).
- Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and enjoy while hot!
Please read the tips and tricks in the article before making this easy chicken pesto roll ups recipe. Below is just a summary:
- You can make the chicken bacon roll ups with any melty cheese and you can see a few great ideas at Tip #1.
- Check Tip #2 if you want to change any ingredients in this easy chicken pesto roll ups recipe.
- If time allows, marinate the chicken to make it more flavorful and tender. See how at Tip #3.
- Check Tip #4 to see a few delicious sides that would go perfectly with bacon wrapped chicken roll ups.
- To make them Paleo, Whole30, and completely carb-free, see Tip #5.
Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 952mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1218IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 2mg