Keto Apple Fritter Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour, 112g
- 1 tbsp coconut flour, 7g
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch, 4g (or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (optional, just recommended for texture)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt (1/4 tsp if using unsalted butter)
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened, 30g
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened, 30g
- 5 1/2 tbsp allulose, 66g
- 3 tbsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener, 36g (OR use 6 tbsp (72g) powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener and no allulose*)*
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 a large apple, chopped into small pieces (think the size of chocolate chunks), 80g
Cinnamon “Sugar” Topping
- 1-2 tbsp granular sweetener of choice (I used Truvia)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener, 36g
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp light cream, 15g (can use any cream or milk you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to 325*F.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients for the cookies except the sweetener.
- In another larger bowl, beat together the softened butter, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- Add your egg and beat once more until combined and smooth.
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until a thick batter forms.
- Stir in your apple chunks.
- Grease 2 baking sheets and drop 12 spoonfuls of batter evenly apart onto the sheets.
- Mix together your cinnamon and sweetener for the topping and sprinkle it oven the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for ~13min or until the tops have browned. Cool for 5 min on the baking sheet.
- Place the cookies onto a wire rack or plate to finish cooling.
- Meanwhile, make your glaze by mixing together the 3 glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies, let it set before serving. Enjoy your Keto Apple Fritter Cookies!
Nutrition for 1/12th of recipe (1 keto apple fritter cookie): 100 calories | 8.2g fat | 2g NET carbs | 2.9g protein | 1.4g fiber