- 1 lbs of Ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice for topping
- Fresh basil or parsley, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Combine ground beef, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, onion powder, garlic, Italian seasoning, Cayenne, crushed chili pepper flakes in a large salad bowl – Use a small cookie scoop to form the meatballs (or hand)all the same size and arrange the meatballs in the casserole dish.
- Bake your meatballs casserole for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove the meatballs casserole from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top with the low carb Marinara sauce and shredded cheese and put the meatballs casserole back in the oven. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.