One of my favorite breakfast recipes. Superrr soft and juicy on the inside but crispy on the outside! Can be made in advance and reheated, perfect for meal prep.
Sausage Chaffle Ingredients
- 1/2 lb (227g) sausage, I use wegmans breakfast sausage
- 2 oz (60g) cheese of choice, I use mozzarella for a sweeter/neutral taste. I use Galbani low moisture part skim mozz block.
- 2 tbsp coconut flour, I use Jans Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg or 45g (3 tbsp) egg white.
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional seasonings of choice, I use maple extract for a maple waffle vibe
- Mix up everything in a bowl by hand. Form patties of desired size, not so big that they don’t fit into the waffle iron though.
- Spray waffle iron with oil and allow to heat. Once heated spread your patty out flat onto the waffle iron, then firmly close top down, pressing into patty.
- Cook each waffle for 4 minutes each. The waffle iron top may raise a little as the patty cooks, which is alright.
- While other patties cook, keep done patties warm and crispy in a seperate frying pan on low heat
Makes 4-5 chaffles
Nutrition for 1 chaffle when “dough” is divided into 4
1.6g net carbs
I usually eat 2 at a time.