These delicious sugar-free and low carb chocolate hazelnut spread swirl muffins feature a moist almond flour muffin base made in the blender. They’re perfect for any ketogenic diet. Keto Nutella Swirl Muffins – You must try this recipes.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour (130 g)
- 1 tbsp whey protein isolate (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Sukrin :1(sugar-free granulated sugar alternative)
- 6 tsp Sukrin Sugar-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread ( homemade Nutella )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack to the middle position. Line 6 regular sized muffin wells with parchment liners. Warm the Sukrin Chocolate Hazelnut Spread in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until it is easy to drizzle from a teaspoon.
- [NOTE: I have a 15 year old Oster blender, so these directions are perfect for me.] Put the the wet ingredients into the blender. Then put the dry ingredients into the blender. Turn the blender on low and blend. Remove the lid and help the process out with a spatula. Turn up to medium low and blend for 20 seconds or until the batter is smooth and nicely aerated.
- Divide the muffin batter between 6 muffin wells, filling 3/4 full. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the Sukrin Chocolate Hazelnut Spread over each muffin and swirl/mix with a toothpick.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are firm and springy to the touch but still sound moist. Let cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a cooling rack. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 7-10 days or keep on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Make 6 muffins at 5 net carbs each.
The protein powder helps the muffins keep their shape and not collapse in the middle once the hazelnut spread is added. I did not use it in the muffins in the pictures and you can see a dip where they collapsed a bit. They are still delicious, but are better with the protein powder. I’ll leave the choice up to you
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 1g