Prep Time5 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time20 mins Course:Side DishCalories:269Servings:
- ▢12 ounces uncured bacon, chopped
- ▢1 medium head of green cabbage
- ▢½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ▢¼ cup chicken bone broth
- ▢2 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢2 tablespoons bacon grease
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ▢1 tablespoon Brown Swerve
- ▢½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Core the head of cabbage and cut into thick shreds, then chop into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Sauté the bacon in a large skillet until crisp, then remove the bacon and set aside. Remove all the bacon grease except 2 tablespoons. Add in the butter and onions, sauté for about 2 minutes on medium.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for another 20 seconds. Add in the apple cider vinegar, chicken bone broth, Brown Swerve and smoked paprika and stir.
- Stir in the cabbage and most of the bacon, toss until well coated, then cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired texture. Add in the reserved crisp bacon, toss and serve.
If you don’t have Swerve Brown, you can either use Swerve confectioners or granular, or even omit sweetener all together.
Nutrition FactsKeto Fried Cabbage with BaconAmount Per ServingCalories 269Calories from Fat 189% Daily Value*Fat 21g32%Saturated Fat 9g56%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 4g4%Protein 16g32%