Course Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 12 pieces mozzarella cheese strings
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- (if you want a little heat) 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional,
- Preheat oven to 400 F. With parchment paper, line a baking cheese (as cheese can stick to it so better than foil).
- In a small bowl, beat TWO eggs and put it aside.
- In a zipper lock sandwich bag, place the salt, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, almond flour, garlic powder and red pepper flakes if using. Shake bag until it gets blended.
- Into the beaten egg, dip each mozzarella cheese string/stick and then put into the sandwich bag. By shaking the bag, coat the cheese string and place on a plate. Freeze for THIRTY to SIXTY minutes.
- Place the mozzarella sticks on the baking sheet if baking and until golden brown, bake for about TWENTY minutes.
- Heat a small amount of oil if frying (olive preferably) to about 1/4 an inch deep, in a small frying pan. Over a medium heat, heat oil and pan-fry until it gets golden brown(There’s no need to try and ‘deep fry’ them). Brown on all sides
- Enjoy as is/use a low sugar marinara sauce.
- CALORIES 272
- ENERGY 1140 kj
- FAT 24g
- SATURATES 11g
- FIBRE 1g
- PROTEIN 13g
- SODIUM 420mg
- CARBS 2g