- 1 cup hazelnut flour, 112g
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 18g
- 1/4 cup powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener, 48g
- pinch of salt (1/4 tsp if using unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup salted, melted butter, 60g
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 x 473ml carton heavy cream, 35% (just under 2 cups of cream), chilled, divided
- 1 x Simply Delish Chocolate Pudding Mix (I get it on Amazon, it’s keto friendly)
- 3 tbsp powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener, 36g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dark chocolate for topping (optional)
- dark chocolate hazelnuts for topping (optional, you can also dip your own at home or use chopped hazelnuts!)
- In a bowl, add your hazelnut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener and salt.
- Add your 1/4 cup of melted butter and 1- 1/2 tbsp water and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press this dough into the bottom of a greased 9-inch pie pan, making sure to go up the sides as best as you can as well.
- Make the edge as straight as you can along the sides of your pan (doesn’t have to be perfect!)
- Next, to prepare your pudding layer, add your Simply Delish Chocolate Pudding Mix along with 1 1/3 cups (~333ml) of cold cream to a bowl.
- Beat using a hand mixer, until the mixture starts to become thick. (~1- 2min) Be careful not to go past the point where the mixture is no longer smooth and starts to get a strange very thick texture (it’s okay if your mix isn’t perfect though because we will be covering it with whipped cream).
- Spread your low carb pudding evenly over the chocolate hazelnut crust.
- In another bowl, using the hand mixer, beat the rest of the whipped cream (~140ml, or just over half a cup) until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Add your vanilla extract and powdered monkfruit/erythritol sweetener and beat again until soft peaks can be formed (the process of making the whipped cream from start to finish should take ~3-4min). You again want it thick but not over-beaten.
- Spread your whipped cream layer over the pudding layer and smooth out the top.
- Grate or chop dark chocolate and sprinkle it over the top of the pie and decorate with the chocolate hazelnut balls or chopped hazelnuts.
- Chill the pie for at least 4-6 hours before attempting to slice and serve (we usually just prepare it a day in advance and serve the next day). Enjoy your Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding Pie!
*Store in the fridge covered. I like to put a paper or plastic plate of the same size as the pie pan on top as a lid.You can also just saran wrap it but be aware that some of the topping may stick to the saran. What you could do is just put a few toothpicks in the top of the pie to keep the saran wrap elevated.*
Nutrition for 1/12th of pie: 224 calories | 22.7g fat | 4.7 NET carbs | 2.8g protein | 1.5g fiber