This moist and delicious Keto coffee cake is loaded with pumpkin flavor! It has a sweet cheesecake layer in the center and is topped with a streusel crumb topping.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
FOR THE CAKE
- ▢2 cups super fine almond flour
- ▢¼ cup Oat Fiber, see notes
- ▢3 whole eggs
- ▢¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ▢¼ cup heavy cream
- ▢½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ▢¼ cup Brown Swerve
- ▢2 teaspoons baking powder
- ▢1 ½ teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ▢1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ▢Pinch of salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- ▢8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ▢⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ▢1 whole egg
- ▢½ teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING
- ▢1 ¼ cups super fine almond flour
- ▢⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- ▢⅓ cup grass fed butter, melted
- ▢½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢⅓ cup Brown Swerve
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
TO MAKE THE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325. Add the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, Swerve and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whip using a hand mixer, until well combined.
TO MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING
- Add almond flour, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and Swerve into a mixing bowl and mix. Pour the melted butter over the top and mix until well combined.
TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
- Pour half the pumpkin batter into a 9″x 9″ glass or ceramic baking dish that’s been lined with parchment paper (for easy removal) and spread out evenly. The batter will be thick, so you’ll want to use a spatula, offset if you have one.
- Next, pour the cream cheese mixture over the bottom cake layer and spread evenly.
- Add the remaining pumpkin cake batter and smooth over the top. Because the pumpkin batter is thick, it may mix in a little with the cheesecake filling and that’s perfectly fine.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the cake. Gently press the crumbs into the batter slightly.
- Place on the center rack of your own and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out mostly clean and the crumb topping is golden. There should be a small amount of the cheesecake filling on the toothpick. Allow to cool at room temperature before cutting into. Store leftovers in the fridge for several days or freeze.
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It’s pure insoluble fiber, which doesn’t dissolve in water and isn’t broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that’s why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
To get the best results, it’s best to use oat fiber if you can. If you’re unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
Keto Pumpkin Coffee Cake (Gluten-Free)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 285Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g63%