yield: 12 BREAKFAST SANDWICHES prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
Try this Keto Sausage and Biscuit Recipe for an easy low carb breakfast! These Keto Almond Flour Biscuits are stuffed with cooked sausage patties for a high protein low carb breakfast!4.5 Stars (169 Reviews)PRINT
For the Keto Almond Flour Biscuits
- 3 ounces cream cheese, SOFTENED
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (scrape the measuring cup out since it is thick, make sure you get ALL of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds breakfast sausage, formed into 12 patties
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and eggs. Stir until cream cheese is smooth with no clumps.
- Add almond flour, baking powder, salt, heavy cream and melted butter.
- Stir until combined. Do not overmix or biscuits will be tough.
- Chill the dough 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly sprinkle almond flour onto a cutting board and turn the dough onto the floured surface. Pat the biscuits to about 1/2 inch thick and use a biscuit cutter or the top of a mason jar to cut out your biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto a greased or silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Cook the sausage patties in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- To assemble slice the warm biscuits in half and add the sausage patty.
If you’d like to make your own breakfast sausage this recipe is great!
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1 Sausage and Biscuits
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 357TOTAL FAT: 23.6gCHOLESTEROL: 110mgSODIUM: 462mgCARBOHYDRATES: 4.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.9gFIBER: 0.7gSUGAR: 1.1gPROTEIN: 18g