yield: 4 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
Need an easy low carb, one pan dinner? I’ve got you covered! This Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet is ready in under 20 minutes and has less than 6 carbs per serving!4.4 Stars (342 Reviews)PRINT
- 1 (12 ounce) package of smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Brown the sliced smoked sausage until lightly crisp.
- Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, chopped cabbage, and spices and stir well.
- Fry cabbage to your desired tenderness. If you would like more crunch this will take 3-4 minutes. If you like your cabbage very tender it will cook closer to 10 minutes.
- When the cabbage reaches your desired texture, add the cooked sausage and stir until heated through.
- Most fried cabbage recipes call for chopped onion. If desired, you can add 1/2 cup of chopped onion when you add the garlic if you wish but it does increase the carbs to just over 7 net carbs per serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – 12.5 Inch – Black
SERVING SIZE: 1/4 of the pan (roughly 1 1/4 cup)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 319TOTAL FAT: 27.4gCHOLESTEROL: 56.9mgSODIUM: 793mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7.2gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.7gFIBER: 1.5gSUGAR: 2.7gPROTEIN: 11.2g