prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Keto tortillas are thin, pliable, and easy to make with just 8 simple ingredients. Enjoy these low carb tortillas with your favorite taco fillings.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1T coconut flour
- 1T xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 T water
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds until a ball of dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of plastic wrap and wrap tightly.
- Knead the dough for a minute or two with your hands, then allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 small balls. Place one ball between two pieces of parchment or wax paper and roll until it’s about ⅛-inch thick, and about 5- 6 inches in diameter. You can also use a tortilla press if you have one. Carefully peel the pressed tortillas from the paper (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add tortilla and cook until slightly charred, about 15-20 seconds per side. Repeat until all tortillas are toasted and serve immediately.
- You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer in place of the food processor. This will require a bit more kneading by hand to get the right dough consistency.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 198TOTAL FAT: 16gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 13gCHOLESTEROL: 47mgSODIUM: 226mgCARBOHYDRATES: 9gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 8g