Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
- ▢2 medium zucchini, sliced very thin (with a mandolin or wide vegetable peeler)
- ▢1 Batch Homemade Italian Meat Sauce, see my recipe here
- ▢2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ▢1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ▢½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ▢2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ▢2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ▢2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly salt the zucchini, place on a baking rack over a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on paper towels to drain. This is a key step, otherwise your lasagna will be watery.
- Add the ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan, basil, parsley, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add some sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Add the slices of zucchini, then add some of the ricotta cheese mixture over the top. Add some of the meat sauce and smooth out with a spoon or spatula, then top with some mozzarella cheese.
- Add more zucchini, ricotta cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers until all the zucchini is used.I ended up with about 7 layers because my slices were super thin. I skipped the mozzarella on the last layer and doubled it on the top because, well who doesn’t love a cheesy crust!? I also added a grating of parmesan cheese as well.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn the temperature up to 450 and bake 5-10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into it and serving.
Keto Zucchini Lasagna
Amount Per Serving
Calories 361Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g69%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.