yield: 4 prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp. When crisp remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain off all of the bacon grease except 1 tablespoon and set aside for later.
- Add the chopped onion to the bacon grease and sauté 7-10 minutes over medium heat until the onion caramelizes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of bacon grease back to the skillet, add the cabbage salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cook the cabbage for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until it has reduced and is tender enough for your liking.
- Add the chopped bacon and serve immediately.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: Roughly 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 171TOTAL FAT: 14.4gCHOLESTEROL: 21.5mgSODIUM: 206mgCARBOHYDRATES: 6.3gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.9gFIBER: 2.4gPROTEIN: 4.8g