Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 40 minutes Total Time 1 hour Servings 6 servings Calories 353 kcal
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup sweet onion finely diced
- 3/4 lb. ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups Marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup ricotta full-fat
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8 inch thick slices. (You can also use a knife, just be careful!) You should have about 24 slices.
- https://e6cea2f9de6e638b12c13902f5e3ede1.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlLay zucchini flat and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for at least 15 minutes. Before rolling, dab zucchini with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. (See note for an even less soggy way!)
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine oil, crushed garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Pour 1 cup marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Add ground turkey mixture and stir until combined.
- Place 1 ½ tablespoons of the turkey and cheese mixture along a zucchini slice. Roll zucchini slice up and place in a 9-inch square baking dish. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and zucchini slices.
- Pour remaining ½ cup marinara sauce over the roll-ups and top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy! Serving size is 4 zucchini roll-ups.
*Follow step #3, but also refrigerate your zucchini roll-ups overnight. Do this AFTER rolling them up but BEFORE baking them and adding the marinara. After a few hours, they will have released a lot more moisture and you can simply drain out the extra liquid before adding your marinara sauce and baking.
Meal Prep and Storage
- To Prep-Ahead: Make the zucchini roll-ups and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bring to room temperature before placing in the oven. You can also bake and then refrigerate or freeze.
- To Store: Keep any remaining roll-ups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To Freeze: Prepare the recipe and let it cool completely. Then, store in a freezer-safe airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Warm leftovers quickly in the microwave, or reheat in an oven-safe dish in a 350° oven.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use a mandoline. This is the most precise, quick, and easy method to cut the zucchini.
- Release the moisture. Use the salt trick to get extra water out of the zucchini.
- Bump up the spice. Add crushed red pepper flakes into the ground turkey mixture.
- Use summer squash instead of zucchini. They have a super similar texture but will taste a tad bit sweeter.
- Make it simple. Skip the rolling up and layer the zucchini like noodles in lasagna form.
Nutrition FactsZucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups | Keto, Low-CarbAmount Per ServingCalories 353Calories from Fat 180% Daily Value*Fat 20g31%Saturated Fat 10g63%Cholesterol 114mg38%Sodium 931mg40%Potassium 751mg21%Carbohydrates 11g4%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 6g7%Protein 32g64%Vitamin A 1045IU21%Vitamin C 22.8mg28%Calcium 432mg43%Iron 2.6mg14%