Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is a simple recipe that’s healthy (around 400 calories per chicken breast), made in under 30 minutes, and done in just ONE PAN! Chicken stuffed with simple spinach dip is one of our all-time favorite easy chicken recipes.
Tips for Making Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
The hack part of this Easy Chicken Breast Recipe comes in when making the “spinach dip” to stuff inside. I realized that you could pretty much make spinach dip with just 2 ingredients: some Boursin cheese and sautéed spinach (I’d love to try this to make a simple dip sometime). Cheesy, herby, amazing goodness.
Spinach Dip is the perfect compliment to chicken and you can use as little or as much as you’d like. If you buy a pre-made spinach dip it comes with all sorts of additives we don’t need. Making our own with just baby spinach and herbed cream cheese is the way to go!
This is one of the best stuffed chicken breast recipes I have ever tried!
How to Make – Step by Step
If you want to keep this dish relatively healthy (around 400 calories per chicken breast!), you can use just a bit of the Boursin mixture and still have a creamy amazing dinner. You could also make Homemade Boursin Cheese using non-fat cream cheese and have even less calories!
If you want to spoil yourself (and you know this is how I hope you enjoy it) you should really lather it on and let it ooze out while cooking…creating an amazing cheesy buttery sauce at the bottom of the skillet. Serve this bad boy over rice and you’re in business!
Even when using over 1 tablespoon per chicken breast this recipe is still around 400 calories per serving. Winning! Most Stuffed Chicken Recipes aren’t this low in calories! You can feel good about serving this to your family.
One Pan Chicken!
A delicious stuffed chicken recipe–I promise it’s not too good to be true!
I’m a tad obsessed with this one pot meal. If you don’t use all of the “spinach dip” keep the extra in the fridge and use it on anything and everything for the next week!
- ▢4 chicken breasts
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢1.5 tablespoons canola peanut or olive oil
- ▢2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ▢1 5.2 ounce package garlic-herb cheese such as Boursin cheese
- ▢½ cup dry white wine optional
- Cut about a 3-inch wide pocket into the thick side of each breast almost to the other side, but do not cut all the way through. Season both sides of each breast with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat oil & butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Turn the heat to medium.
- Place the spinach in the skillet and sauté the spinach about 30 seconds, just long enough to wilt but not burn. Dab the spinach on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese and spinach until combined. Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach/cheese mixture and secure the breasts with toothpicks.
- Place the breasts in the hot skillet and leave for 4 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown. Carefully turn the breasts over and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low, add wine (if using), cover and cook another 3-5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink in the middle. A meat thermometer should read 160°F when placed in the thickest part of the meat.
Nutrition FactsSpinach Stuffed Chicken Breast RecipeAmount Per ServingCalories 402Calories from Fat 306% Daily Value*Fat 34g52%Saturated Fat 14g88%Cholesterol 190mg63%Sodium 548mg24%Potassium 941mg27%Carbohydrates 2g1%Sugar 1g1%Protein 51g102%Vitamin A 1930IU39%Vitamin C 6.9mg8%Calcium 59mg6%Iron 1.3mg7%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Author: Becky HardinCourse:Main CourseCuisine:American