TACO ZUCCHINI BOATS
These keto Taco Zucchini boats are made with fresh zucchini stuffed with seasoned ground beef, bell peppers, and topped with cheese and a spicy salsa.
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 pound Ground beef
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, mixed Red & Yellow, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prepare your zucchini by trimming off the stem end. To do this I just gently round the end of the zucchini with a knife, removing the stem. Then cut each zucchini in half length-wise. Use a measuring spoon (teaspoon) to hollow out the zucchini forming a boat.
- Place the zucchini boats in a greased baking dish and sprinkle a small amount of salt over them.
- In a skillet over medium high heat brown the ground beef.
- Add bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, and ¼ cup of water to the ground beef. Continue to cook until vegetables are softened and water has been absorbed.
- Once the beef mixture is ready fill each zucchini boat with the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Top the zucchini boats with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until zucchini has softened and cheese is melted.
- Pour salsa over boats before serving.
serving: 1boat, calories: 242kcal, carbohydrates: 6g, protein: 19g, fat: 16g, saturated fat: 8g, monounsaturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 64mg, sodium: 482mg, potassium: 301mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 3g, vitamin a: 5400iu, vitamin c: 38.8mg, calcium: 2180mg, iron: 1.4mg