Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole is not like Grandma used to make, but it sure will make you reminisce over the past.
Bring this classic dish into the 21st century with a delicious and creamy sauce (made from scratch,) tuna, noodles, mushrooms, and peas.
Making Tuna Noodle Casserole in the Instant Pot is one way to simplify and amplify this dish.
Not only does it make dinner faster and easier, but it also makes it taste so much better! This is something you’ll want to share with the family to make your own modern memories.
Prep Time:6 mins Cook Time:2 mins Additional Time:12 mins
TotalTime:20 mins Course: Entree Cuisine: American Servings: 6 Servings Calories: 501kcal Author: Devour Dinner
- 1 can 12 oz Solid White Albacore Tuna in water
- 1 12 oz package Egg Noodles
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Garlic
- 1 Cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 Tbs Lawrey’s Season Salt
- 3 1/2 Cup Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Pkg 30z French Fried Onions * optional add in
- Drain Tuna and set aside
- Heat Instant Pot to Saute’ and wait until it reads “hot”
- Add butter and garlic and allow butter to melt while stirring.
- Add mushrooms and saute’ until softened. Add Lawrey’s Seasoning. Heat through
- Press Cancel and Turn off Instant Pot
- Add Chicken Broth
- Add Egg Noodles and make sure noodles are mostly covered. Add Heavy Cream. Do not stir.
- Put Tuna on top of noodles. Do not stir.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 2 minutes. Allow 4 minute Natural Release and then Quick Release.
- Stir noodles and tuna
- Add Cream Cheese, Pepper, and Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Add frozen peas and stir. Close lid for 5 minutes to heat peas and melt cheese.
- Place Tuna Casserole into a 9×13 casserole dish and top with French Fried Onions and bake for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees to crisp to top of the casserole. Serve and enjoy.
Tuna Noodle Casserole can be made in an instant Pot by following the directions above or on the stove following the directions below:
Stove Top Directions:
Cook noodles according to package directions and drain water and set aside Drain Tuna and set aside Meanwhile in a sauce pan over medium heat melt butter and add garlic. Add mushrooms and saute’ until softened. Add Lawrey’s seasoning salt and stir. In a sauce pan add 1 cup heavy cream and 1/2-3/4 cup chicken broth and heat through. Add parmesan Cheese and Cream cheese and stir. Add noodles and stir to coat evenly. Add tuna and stir to combine. Add peas and heat through. Add pepper to taste. (optional) Place Tuna Casserole in a casserole dish and top with French Fried Onions (optional) . Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes until top is crispy and warm. Serve and enjoy
Serving: 1g | Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g