prep time:15 MINUTES
cook time:10 MINUTES
total time:25 MINUTES
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko* bread crumbs
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Tonkatsu sauce, for serving
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge pork chops in flour, dip into egg, then dredge in Panko crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add pork chops to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with rice and tonkatsu sauce, if desired.