Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesResting Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 35 minutes Course: Side Dishes, SnacksCuisine: AmericanKeyword: keto bread, keto bread recipe, low carb bread recipe Servings: 12 slices Calories: 148kcal
- FAT DADDIO LOAF PAN
- Mixing Bowl
- STAINLESS STEEL MEASURING CUPS
- Measuring Spoons
- ▢4 (4 ) Eggs
- ▢1 cup (112 g) Superfine Almond Flour
- ▢1/2 cup (85 g) Black Chia Seeds, (white if you can get them or black if you can’t)
- ▢1/4 cup (62.5 g) Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ▢1/4 cup (54.5 g) Coconut Oil or Melted Butter
- ▢2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) Baking Soda
- ▢1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 4-cup loaf pan (8 x 4 inch) and set aside. Do not use a larger loaf pan as the bread will be very flat. You might choose to bake it in two mini pans if you want your bread to rise more.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until the batter is well mixed and not lumpy.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and place on a rack to fully cool it. If you just can’t wait for it, get out some butter and have at it!
Watch The Video
- If you have a picky eater, or someone with sensory issues, consider grinding the chia seeds.
- In the photo, I’ve used white chia seeds. In the video, I used black chia seeds so you can see how the two turn out differently.
- Do not even THINK of omitting the chia seeds, nor of subbing coconut flour for almond flour. The chia seeds hold the bread together. Almond flour and coconut flour are NOT interchangeable.
- Let the bread cool thoroughly. Most almond flour products don’t hold together that well when steaming hot.
- If you choose to try freezing this, slice up the bread, and freeze flat so that you can remove one slice at a time if needed.
- If you want to try store-bought keto bread, my favorite is sola bread.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g