It may not look like the spinach pie you might remember from a bakery, a stuffed dough with spinach it, but it is a delicious spinach “pie”. This spinach pie is a cross between a quiche and custard. But what makes this stand out compared to the rest of all the pies out there, the difference is in the cheese!! Using cottage cheese makes all the difference to making this pie a winner!
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounce frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces cottage cheese 4%
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw frozen spinach and drain, squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add spinach to mushrooms and salt, pepper and nutmeg cook until spinach is heated through.
- Drain spinach/mushroom mixture in a colander.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate then sprinkle parmesan all around to coat plate.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs then add cream and cottage cheese and stir well.
- Stir in mushrooms and spinach mixture.
- Pour into pie dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place pie dish on a baking sheet and cook for 50-60 minutes or until set in center and browned around edges.
- Turn oven off and allow to sit in oven for 10 minutes.
- Stand 10 more minutes before slicing.
This recipe was posted in 2018 and this was a famous recipe of the year Keto Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie Amount Per Serving (1 slice)Calories 253Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value*Fat 17g26%Saturated Fat 9g56%Cholesterol 131mg44%Sodium 825mg36%Potassium 410mg12%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 3g3%Protein 18g36%Vitamin A 5882IU118%Vitamin C 4mg5%Calcium 206mg21%Iron 2mg11%* Percent
Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 1 hourTotal Time 1 hour 10 minutesServings6 servingsCalories 253 kcalAuthor Brenda Bennett/ Sugar Free Mom